Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Altered dominos

Yikes! It's been a while since I've posted anything! Sorry about that...The summer has been a little crazy. But I do have a new obsession that I want to share with you: Altered dominos. Yes - dominos. The game that we all had when we were little yet only 1 person I knew actually knew how to play the game. So, I took those game pieces and doctored them up.
My mom, sister and I spent an afternoon making these and had a blast. They are fairly quick to make and super versatile. They can be jewelry, magnets, Christmas ornaments, keychains, scrapbook embellishments, anything really.

Necklace for my Grandma
Necklace for my niece (A is her initial)
Necklace for my other niece
A keychain
Christmas ornament
This one is going to be a necklace once
I add the findings
Some magnets for my mother in law. I got the mini
domino in the dollar section of Target
Another magnet
Another mini magnet
You can use alcohol inks, copics, sharpies, Gold/Silver/Copper leafing pens, StayzOn ink. Almost anything really. The ones below I used alcohol ink, jewelry and scrapbooking embellishments and leafing pens on them. When I had them how I wanted them I sealed it all in with Glossy Accents. Hope you like them! 

11 comments:

  1. I love them all but the KEYCHAIN is my favorite! Thank you for making them for me! I love the mini one I will have to look at Target next time we are there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these u done with resin


    What is resin

    How we can use
    Is it easily available

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, so unique, do u sell them or can u tell me how to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are extremely talented! These are very beautiful! I am working on getting the ǵuts to try it! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. My husband uses a small drill. First I use a black marker to make a small mark as to where the hole should be. That way it is centered, You can drill through the top or through the top front. Then insert small hook screw.

      Delete
  7. How do you drill the holes? And, what do you use in the holes? Is that a jump ring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jump ring if you go through the front of domino. Small hoop screw if you go through the top.

      Delete
  8. Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is simply great, and I could assume you are an expert on this subject. Same as your blog i found another one Sohman Epoxy .Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for
    TH7301
    and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

    ReplyDelete